Eric H. Johnson on 9 Jun 2010 09:55:52 -0700

Re: [PLUG] PIC Programmers?

Kyle,

I don't have much experience with PIC micro controllers, although I helped
my brother with some C programming when he was using PIC based RFID readers.

If you are not familiar with it, another controller you might want to look
into is the Arduino project.

Introduction:
http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Introduction

Home Page:
http://www.arduino.cc/

Some neat projects:
http://hacknmod.com/hack/top-40-arduino-projects-of-the-web/

Unlike PIC, Arduino is completely open source, both from a hardware and
software perspective. You can buy off the shelf boards or roll your own from
the provided schematics, eagle files, etc.

Regards,
Eric

     Does anyone in our group have experience with PIC micro controller
programming?  I have some basic questions I would like to ask before I
dive into purchasing hardware.  What about experience with other low
power micro controllers?