Jon Nelson on 6 Jul 2010 07:36:41 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Filtering Packets in Monitor Mode

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Jon Nelson <dotcop@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Paul L. Snyder <plsnyder@drexel.edu> wrote:
On Fri, 02 Jul 2010, Jon Nelson wrote:

> True, but I need to see the signal strength in real time.  I am using a
> directional antenna and walking around to find the nodes.

If real-time sorting is on by default, as it is in Kismet, you could
turn it off...that should at least give you a more stable display, where
you can just watch the same spot on the screen.

According to the man page there is no way to turn sort off.  I'll take a look into Kismet as an alternative.

Kismet seemed promising, but the signal reporting has too much lag to be of any use.  Any other ideas?