Jason Stelzer on 6 Jul 2010 07:09:31 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Intrusion Detection/Prevention System

Snort is pretty cool from a network monitoring perspective. If you are
looking for file system integrity checks, have a look at tripwire.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8758

The single most important thing with tripwire is to make sure that
your file checksums are on read only media. If it turns out to be too
clumsy, my apologies. But it might help you out.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:03 AM, linc <linc@lincgeek.org> wrote:
> Trotter Cashion wrote:
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> I need an intrusion detection / prevention system to both pass a
>> security audit and keep my servers safe. Sadly, I know jack about this
>> kind of software. Does anyone have any recommendations? Toby recommended
>> Snort, which looks like it could be OK. Basically, just looking for
>> something simple to setup / configure. Do those two words exist in
>> combination with IDS?
>>
>> - Trotter

> OSSEC.
> http://www.ossec.net/
>

> --
> -Linc Fessenden
>
> In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...

J.