Jon Nelson on 6 Jul 2010 08:48:53 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Filtering Packets in Monitor Mode

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Paul L. Snyder <plsnyder@drexel.edu> wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jul 2010, Jon Nelson wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Jon Nelson <dotcop@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Paul L. Snyder <plsnyder@drexel.edu>wrote:
> >
> >> If real-time sorting is on by default, as it is in Kismet, you could
> >> turn it off...that should at least give you a more stable display, where
> >> you can just watch the same spot on the screen.
> >
> > According to the man page there is no way to turn sort off.  I'll take a
> > look into Kismet as an alternative.
> >
> > Kismet seemed promising, but the signal reporting has too much lag to be of
> any use.  Any other ideas?

There's no switch to turn off sorting in airodump-ng, but did you try
this?

back|track4 has r1645, so no joy.  Also, the majority of the keys seem to effect the AP listing.  I hope that is not the case...

(From http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=airodump-ng)

 Interaction

 Since revision r1648, airodump-ng can receive and interpret key
 strokes while running. The following list describes the currently
 assigned keys and supposed actions.

 [...]
   [r]: (De-)Activate realtime sorting - applies sorting algorithm
   everytime the display will be redrawn
 [...]

Paul