Chris Nehren on 8 Jul 2010 19:38:31 -0700

[PLUG] Talk ideas

In addition to the talk suggestion I mentioned last night (local::lib), another couple of ideas came to me while I was thinking of talk ideas to give for phl.pm. Perhaps people here would be interested.

o    modern tools for sending email more robustly (and lots of options if you need them) with Perl. If I covered *everything* that's available, this could probably cover 20-30 minutes assuming I start at the beginning and work up to the more complex stuff. You may not need the complex stuff unless you're Pobox, but it's *really useful* when you need it. One daily production use is templated multipart emails that include both HTML and graphics, sharing content between the two.

o    using andLinux for local perl development on Windows. This one is more on-topic for PLUG, and something that I think would resonate with a lot of our members. andLinux is the sort of awesome project that needs to get more press, and I'm pleased to give it marketing.

I can talk about all kinds of Perl stuff, of course, but I understand that not everyone is interested in that sort of thing. If I think of any general Unix interest subjects I'll toss them this way.
--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren