Chris Nehren on 12 Jul 2010 09:32:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Talk ideas

[no reason to keep the question private; others may be similarly confused and it makes sense to answer in public to avoid public confusion]

On Jul 12, 2010, at 11:08 AM, Randall A Sindlinger wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 10:38:23PM -0400, Chris Nehren wrote:
>
>> In addition to the talk suggestion I mentioned last night (local::lib), another couple of
>> ideas came to me while I was thinking of talk ideas to give for phl.pm. Perhaps people here
>> would be interested.
>
> Sorry - phl.pm?  I wasn't at that PLUG meeting.  Is this some kind of mini-
> conference in the works?

No, but that's an awesome idea. What I was trying to do was submit ideas for talks I originally had on phl.pm to PLUG as it's not perl-specific (written in perl, but the ideas could apply to any sufficiently flexible tool).

Basically, my goal is for the local technical user groups to have more technical talks, and I'm willing to... put my mouth where my mouth is, as it were, in order to make that happen.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren