Bob Schwier on 21 Jul 2010 08:38:25 -0700

[PLUG] Ubuntu does not think that gnu.org is a trusted source

  • From: Bob Schwier <schwepes2002@yahoo.com>
  • To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: [PLUG] Ubuntu does not think that gnu.org is a trusted source
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:38:18 -0700 (PDT)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1279726699; bh=23MPrL5hRitSRCKIE86OrpIlCaMsZhixmnUajAbyQjc=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=MY8nSoqyXqOy3RMrzCJ0iCsRihZvmNPx4btOURyC5OoyP22REWznWwkTMaLL06xR4fiUJT+ctgXqnqPu6dzBFv95TLjcpKJRhvzXi2trvds3gDsdzjirJ8El6wV2kPXqF0KoBBZZvwgV0QpbfGya7k8uwFzu7u9Ap2g6cDWBKRs=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

in playing with my ubuntu hardy I could not con the damned thing into
installing a program from gnu.org.  In sys admin, it claimed I could add
on software sources but it would not let me apply the address that I was
trying to get ddrescue from.
The result is that i have something on my machine in a folder titled
ddrescue 1.10 that cannot be invoked either from the terminal or
from the applications button.
I also found all sorts of interesting buttons such as dosemulate that I
would like to check out except that when I hit them nothing happens.
bs