Chris Nehren on 21 Jul 2010 12:14:17 -0700

[PLUG] Video recordings for talks

This past YAPC::NA, we did some very grassroots talk recording. We had some consumer digital camcorders setup. These camcorders then had their recorded data transferred to hard drives for encoding and later posting. I was wondering if we could start something like this for PLUG talks.

I have the hard drive space, the computing power, and the bandwidth to upload. Shadowcat would certainly be willing to host the videos. The only thing I'm missing is a camcorder. Does anyone with a digital camcorder want to start recording talks for those who can't make the meetings? Additionally, I'm fine with managing the logistics of who does and does not want their talks recorded. Obviously I want mine to be recorded, though I can understand others not wanting to be on the tubes.
--
Thanks and best regards,
Chris Nehren