Mike Leone on 23 Jul 2010 08:01:34 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Email/web large file transfer software or appliance

On 7/23/2010 10:59 AM, Lee Marzke had this to say:
I have a non-technical SMB client that wants to email large files > 10Mb
and most recipients won't accept this.

Is there some open-source software or appliance that will do something
like:

Accept the email via local SMTP and forward email ( and a FTP link )
to the file to the recipient.

I though there was a VMware VMTN appliance for this, but I can't find it.

You could always use the Dropbox site; that's free for up to 2G. And the recipient can access via standard web browser.