JP Vossen on 1 Aug 2010 15:16:22 -0700

Re: [PLUG] BIG FAVOR- ubuntu cd (32 bit)

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Ron Kaye Jr<rekaye1005@verizon.net>  wrote:
 i wonder if someone could do me a BIG FAVOR
 my only machine with a burner has no OS!!
 i have an ubuntu 9 cd that appears to be massively corrupt.
 had to abort install

What about a USB key? Since at least Ubuntu 8.10 it has been able to "burn" an ISO to a USB key. Most modern hardware can then boot and install or just run from that. That's why I usually do these days.

Failing that, I have "factory" Canonical Ubuntu 9.10 CDs I can mail, if Baskar can't for some reason.

Later,
JP