[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]
Re: [PLUG] kde and gnome etc
- From: Art Alexion <email@example.com>
- To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [PLUG] kde and gnome etc
- Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 23:01:56 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=hctN+0iAH/4h6cvXGVGMSaCugYWzRzIRx8gY7xOUT9s=; b=a1Y/xno2gmcl+vtMlKTJ5e+3tHxpU59J0Xwb688+GRUppE+3cylWxiGad8LKlJrTU0 /2YwodbqIVvLa2Vbl3RtBJFuMYRQg/WZU/oXyDvi9ssD72D0OFnOi7HsKAL1KIg9xOp5 C0x6kFA+eXdJDvN1HGEPI0a/or5LS64fJgubs=
- Reply-to: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Mike Leone <email@example.com>
On 8/3/2010 2:34 PM, Richard Freeman had this to say:
On 08/03/2010 09:57 AM, Ron Kaye Jr wrote:
installed latest kde on ubuntu 10. not thrilled!
Keep in mind that Ubuntu is generally not well-regarded for their KDE
support. They tend to strongly favor Gnome.
That doesn't mean that you can't do it - just don't expect the same
level of polish.
There is Kubuntu, which has KDE as a default GUI ...
As a long timer Kubuntu user, I concur with Rich. Cannonical's support for Kubuntu falls far below that of Gnome, which is a shame. The distros which provide better KDE support are RPM based, and I prefer APT.
I remember Red Hat 6 & 7 had that reputation. Fedora, on the other hand seems to have a decent reputation for KDE.
sent unsigned from webmail interface
Philadelphia Linux Users Group -- http://www.phillylinux.org
Announcements - http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug-announce
General Discussion -- http://lists.phillylinux.org/mailman/listinfo/plug