Casey Bralla on 7 Aug 2010 16:27:39 -0700

Re: [PLUG] hosting at home- handling dns

You probably won't need dynamic DNS.   Your external IP will probably remain
stable for as long as you use the same cable modem (it keys off the MAC
address of the cable modem).

I host several sites, but got a business class account.  This leaves me
unfiltered access.  I'm pretty sure most home accounts filter extensively,
especially port 21.  Port 80 may be open, but many people switch to port 8080.

--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation