Casey Bralla on 8 Aug 2010 16:27:10 -0700

[PLUG] "ssh -X" through multiple hops

I want to be able to run an X application that is inside my firewall. I can
ssh into my firewall, and then ssh from the firewall into my inside machine,
but I don't know how to make an X application work through this "tunnel".

Can anyone give me some pointers?   TIA!
--

Casey Bralla

Chief Nerd in Residence
The NerdWorld Organisation

http://www.NerdWorld.org

NOTICE:
This eMail is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
to whom it is addressed. In fact, this message is so darned important that you
really should consider yourself privileged to even be ccâd on this message.
If by some weird twist of fate, you have received this eMail by accident, you
__MUST__ immediately erase it and then forget you ever heard of the person who
sent it to you.  Just to be sure, youâd better then reformat your hard drive,
renounce all material possessions, and move to Myanmar, Sri Lanka, or some
other country that routinely changes its name.

Please also be aware that eMail can easily be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
destroyed, include naughty words, or be infected with a virus. The sender
therefore does not accept liability for any bad things that might happen to
you in your life, even though weâre pretty sure heâs been spreading malicious
gossip about you behind your back.  (And that story about you, the George
Foreman grill, and the 17 year-old girl was particularly nasty!)

By accepting receipt of this message, you accept these terms, agree to lend us
$50 interest-free with no fixed date of repayment, and also agree to sing
Monty Pythonâs âLumberjack Songâ as loudly as possible next Sunday during
church.

âIâm a lumberjack, and Iâm OK.  I sleep all night andââ