Ezra Wolfe on 17 Sep 2010 06:16:36 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Apache2/PHP not displaying correctly

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:57 PM, Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> wrote:
All of the sudden my served PHP pages are not displaying correctly. Using
Apache2 and PHP5. This was all working and word press files were
displaying fine. The only thing I have done that I know of is a Python
upgrade.

All I get is a screen full of random characters when trying to view PHP
files. Tried firefox and explorer browsers.

Any ideas of what to check for?

Have you tried restarting apache?

To help with troubleshooting it would be good to post some specifics: Can you check the error logs and post the output somewhere? Both /var/log/apache2 and/or /var/log/syslog. If you don't have apache logging turned on you can turn in on by editing /etc/apache2/httpd.conf or apache2.conf depending on your distro. Look for the logging directive and follow the directions to turn it on. Restart apache when you are done.

Can you be specific about random characters?