Kyle R. Burton on 19 Sep 2010 08:31:45 -0700

Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG West, Mon, Sep 20, 2010 - Configuration Management with Chef presented by Kyle Burton (7pm @ FIS in Malvern)

  • From: "Kyle R. Burton" <kyle.burton@gmail.com>
  • To: PLUG <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] [plug-announce] PLUG West, Mon, Sep 20, 2010 - Configuration Management with Chef presented by Kyle Burton (7pm @ FIS in Malvern)
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:31:39 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=Hf9UR+Ss8ffqiuLUKzfgcDGgL+0oQLsmu/2M592In6M=; b=NsqNkZGj0Y7OwfkcT9ogNM/jH1tumS0zmQN5bQY+CBAh5yxTrEmqISZV0m8jvUDlZH t7JMOkvWeoovUVz3pI9XmXHL8FrYfjk0Qq147a5CcwW6RGPvROsbTpLOFVAtAzCNKyow rYtHR35MJB4bxiQFI5Qn4HQoCfhWyZS8FYXA4=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

> This month PLUG West welcomes Kyle Burton, who will be giving a
> presentation on Chef, an open source infrastructure automation tool.

Just to be clear the talk will be on chef-solo:

Leveraging Chef-Solo for Less than Enterprise Scale Deployments

“When you’re a small, and I mean small, company with an even smaller
IT department you can’t afford not to automate provisioning and system
administration. Developing a culture of automation early on is vital
for ensuring that your infrastructure group can scale itself as your
business grows. Chef is an up and coming system administration
automation framework that makes installing and managing cloud
computing systems take less time and produces more consistent results.
This talk will cover the architecture of Chef-Solo, getting started,
core features and best practices for maintaing a cluster of systems."

http://github.com/kyleburton/presenting-chef-solo

Hope to see you all there!

Regards,

Kyle