Asheesh Laroia on 20 Sep 2010 08:05:42 -0700

Re: [PLUG] UPenn Open Source Hackathon, next Sunday Sept 26

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, Yuvi Masory wrote:

Hi PLUG!

Asheesh Laroia (of OpenHatch) and I are reunning a foss hackathon next weekend, Sept 26th at UPenn.

Full setails are here: http://penn.openhatch.org/hackathon/

Yup -- this is really exciting. For 20 slots, we've gotten almost twice that number of signups.

We'd also happy to find more teachers for Saturday.

Do you have some substantial open source project participation experience?

Do you like teaching?

If so, get in touch with us and we'll see if there's a teaching slot we can fit you into. Read http://penn.openhatch.org/teaching/ for more info.

And no matter what, even if you don't like teaching, come out for Sunday. I'll quote what Yuvi said:

Last, if you are involved in any way as a developer in a foss project you are *especially* welcome. The students there on Sunday will be trying to get connected with projects and it's important we have lots and lots of devs around trying to recruit.

Also -- I moved to Somerville, MA, so I'm not going to see you guys much anymore. But I'm back in town this weekend to visit for this event!

-- Asheesh.

--
Grief can take care of itself; but to get the full value of a joy you must
have somebody to divide it with.