Yuvi Masory on 18 Sep 2010 07:51:31 -0700

[PLUG] UPenn Open Source Hackathon, next Sunday Sept 26

  • From: Yuvi Masory <ymasory@gmail.com>
  • To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
  • Subject: [PLUG] UPenn Open Source Hackathon, next Sunday Sept 26
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 10:51:24 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=S8Zg/eYeuwZdB1mFKdPtkpt2AFRj5m0EB+D7TWGk3GU=; b=XFF50Y5P3jVgSVa/k9baNNPXxYg8Zpj1fu2nxfSk4AHYjnB4lPYwsIpNVSUwqZc86s LOO+33YYuY54+F0K+D1vTXRxnlg832JvHtq/Hh45pLqXrSAVfXfPgf3ISFcMDDIUmXio bt3TOGvHYI+MQO/A08RxkWio4dXrVh5qj8CR8=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Hi PLUG!

Asheesh Laroia (of OpenHatch) and I are reunning a foss hackathon next weekend, Sept 26th at UPenn.

Full setails are here: http://penn.openhatch.org/hackathon/

We only started advertising yesterday but the response has been *overwhelming*! There's a lot of interest out there in foss, and we're expecting lots and lots of Philly college students to attend on Sunday. I know the website says it's for Philly college students only. IGNORE THAT IF YOU'RE FROM PLUG! We want you to come! Pretty please. We need to have enough experienced fossers on hand to help the students. This is not the time to be modest. If you use Linux, even at a basic level, you know more than most of the attendees and could be of great use to us. Plus if you're looking to get set up with a project you can do so there as well.

Last, if you are involved in any way as a developer in a foss project you are *especially* welcome. The students there on Sunday will be trying to get connected with projects and it's important we have lots and lots of devs around trying to recruit.

I hope to see you all next Sunday! Feel free to write back at this address or the event address penn@openhatch.org.

Best,
Yuvi

--