Eric Hidle on 23 Sep 2010 04:40:58 -0700

[PLUG] [JOBS] I have two part-time contractor openings and two unpaid internships

  • From: Eric Hidle <eric.hidle@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: [PLUG] [JOBS] I have two part-time contractor openings and two unpaid internships
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:40:31 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=r7PT2fPoWQO7y6mxnwjvK0vdNuHJK2xNWY5IiZ4encw=; b=eJqnQfN+vF5uLsyYeKVdJiZ354NQrElLXobomcTQM2VdKTJdBpJwPeAkNiu9oE6nUi mS4bqN4mtgfylGAV1fD9JixcuDctW1Xl69V/ykvbaslgqF1qvnpWYylGeJW62whOW2Ma M4VL6FEcHKZiWrp/Mib8RtawzoZxYLzygZ5qA=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

My wife and I are a freelance providers of PC, Network, Web, and other Technology services. With my wife going back to school, and the amount of work we have starting to tick upward, we need to bring on a couple of contractors and interns to help out on a mostly irregular basis. As we grow our business, these contractor positions will have the potential to grow into more regular work. If you enjoy the contracting and consulting environment, I encourage you to apply.

Send me an email privately if you are interested, or if you know someone who may be.

Thanks
Eric

Electrical and Computer Engineer Intern (1 non-paid internship)

Job Function: The successful intern candidate will learn the basics of ECE design, including obtaining Voice of the Customer (VOC), developing requirements, component selection, electrical design and implementation, Design of Experiments (DOE), validation, and procurement. Tasks will include generating EDA component symbols, maintaining datasheet libraries, writing and maintaining documentation, writing firmware and VHDL, and other tasks as needed.

Basic Requirements: The candidate should have excellent verbal and written skills as well as a good attitude and a high level of energy. Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations, as well as good general computer skills are required. Current enrollment in an ABET-accredited Electrical or Computer Engineering program is required.

Preferred Requirements: None

Compensation: None

Associate PC Sales, Support, and Repair Technician (1 Paid and 1 non-Paid internship open)

Job Function: The successful candidate will provide on-site PC Support and Repair, Wireless and Wired Network Maintenance and Configuration, Printer Support, and other consumer-focused PC support services as required. Position requires significant direct interaction with clients.

Basic Requirements: The candidate should have excellent verbal and written skills as well as a good attitude and a high level of energy. Thorough knowledge of current state of the art in consumer PC hardware and software, ability to replace computer hardware parts, configure networking equipment, configure printers and other end user devices is required. 1+ year of experience in retail sales in the PC industry. Candidate must have reliable transportation.

Preferred Requirements: A+ Certification or an AS Degree are preferred. 3+ years experience in sales and computer technical work.

Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, based on billable hours. Unpaid internship available to a candidate who does not meet Basic Requirements, but will become paid once basic requirements are met, subject to available work.

Associate Web Developer

Job Function: The successful candidate will provide maintenance and programming on new and existing client websites. Tasks will include direct interface with clients to develop requirements, generation of mockup and image proofs, coding in HTML/CSS, PHP, Java, and other languages as needed, SEO/SEM. Candidate will also participate in sales activities and other tasks as required.

Basic Requirements: The candidate should have excellent verbal and written skills as well as a good attitude and a high level of energy. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, PHP, and Java are required. Training can be provided in SEO/SEM if required. Working knowledge of image manipulation using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator or GIMP is required (candidate's choice). 1+ year of education or experience in HTML/CSS, Java, and/or PHP is required.

Preferred Requirements: AS Degree or 3+ years of experience designing web content is preferred. Working knowledge of CMS (Joomla, Drupal, etc), Google Sites, Adwords, and SEO/SEM is preferred.

Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, based on billable hours.