Doug Crompton on 23 Sep 2010 20:04:54 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Monitoring a remote site

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Douglas Muth wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Doug Crompton <doug@crompton.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have a remote site where I want to monitor at a minimum temperature. I
> > have an NSLU2 fully loaded with Lenny, Apache2, Perl, PHP, Python, Mysql,
> > etc. I also have OWFS installed and running with multiple temperature
> > sensors.
> >
> > I want to locate this box at my vacation home for monitoring. At that
> > location I have DSL with dynamic IP assignment.
> >
> > At the monitoring location I have DSL with static IP.
> >
> [snip]
>
> What you describe sounds like it could be accomplished with Munin:
>
> http://munin-monitoring.org/
>
> Set up a munin server on your static machine, and run munin-node on
> the dynamic machine, configured to send its results to the server.
>
> -- Doug
> http://twitter.com/dmuth

Thanks. looked at it. It seems a little overkill for my application but
I certainly will consider it. Any other ideas will be gladly considered.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *