Fred Stluka on 24 Sep 2010 15:50:51 -0700

[PLUG] Puppet vs Chef?...

Linux fans,

Any thoughts on pros/cons of Puppet vs Chef as tools for managing
the configurations of Linux servers?
I've Googled lots of articles from people I don't know, discussing
the differences, I've read a good bit about each, and I've installed
and played with Chef (and soon Puppet), but I'm still interested to
hear about direct experiences of any of the PLUG members, especially
if you've used both.

Thanks!

--Fred
Fred Stluka -- mailto:fred@bristle.com -- http://bristle.com/~fred/
Bristle Software, Inc -- http://bristle.com -- Glad to be of service!
Open Source: Without walls and fences, we need no Windows or Gates.