JP Vossen on 27 Sep 2010 12:12:13 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Puppet vs Chef?...

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:38:58 -0400
From: Doug Stewart<zamoose@gmail.com>

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 4:29 PM, JP Vossen<jp@jpsdomain.org>  wrote:

>  One minor turn-off for me was that Chef is all Ruby, where I'd prefer Perl.
>  ?:-)
An odd critique, given that description, since Ruby is the lingua
franca for Puppet as well. Unless you're referring to the actual
manifests, which use a Ruby-like grammar of Puppet Labs' own design.

Yeah, I wasn't clear. I was going off topic on the explicit "Puppet vs Chef" question. I'm a Perl & shell script geek, so I'd prefer either of those other Ruby at all. Nothing against Ruby except that I, personally, don't know squat about it and don't have time to learn, at the moment. :-) (One of these years... Though Python is on the list before Ruby...)

Later,
JP