Bob Schwier on 28 Sep 2010 20:41:03 -0700

Re: [PLUG] 10.04 install problems

  • From: Bob Schwier <schwepes2002@yahoo.com>
  • To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] 10.04 install problems
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 20:40:58 -0700 (PDT)
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1285731658; bh=aCxAXBQn5m6P4KDQy82kER2FQs4mkqej4Q3c+WTQmvw=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=PwZjYVw+0vqssYFEHMwaLq28cmji7iDCSAwe4CRIm2WRgafw4p6wbVJuSAcb1bJ6fswY+2ZbrVvRCJtp2AYd/WDSedqzBxi/2FSQYPt9oduPdyDOByqzfcJVYBjF/PotE44u0/jvdOCek8BeIejAC2t3SmE+U2c/1J5LGL0V6+s=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Lucid is making me miss Heron and even SUSE 7.0.
Okay, the machine now recognizes that it has a nine pin printer but only if I go in
the terminal and sudo /etc/init.d/cups start.  Meanwhile,  I still have to tell it that it's
failsafeX in recovery mode each time.
It looks like I have to do something for the first time that many of you seem capable
of doing in your sleep, to wit, rewrite the kernel.  As I said previously, the sys/admin
controls in the GUI don't seem to do anything as the buttons I need are grayed out.
bs