Brian Epstein on 30 Sep 2010 09:25:48 -0700

[PLUG] [JOB] Junior Systems / Network Administrator (Princeton, NJ)

PLUG,

I'm currently hiring a Junior Linux Systems / Network Administrator for the Institute for Advanced Study. Here are the postings on LinkedIn and Craigslist. Feel free to contact me for more information. Email resumes to jrnetwork@ias.edu.

http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1162082
https://post.craigslist.org/manage/1957516733/anvfx

Reporting to the Network and Security Computer Manager, you will assist with the installation, configuration, testing, monitoring and support of all servers and networking devices managed by the group. Additional duties will include handling the daily and monthly off-site tape backup and recovery process; management of IAS relational databases; providing support to other Computing staff; and on a rotational basis staffing the off-hours on-call computer support service.

The ideal candidate will have a Bachelorâ??s degree in a related field as well as experience with RHEL 3/4/5, Apache, MySQL, sendmail, OpenLDAP and basic shell scripting. Familiarity with server hardware, DNS, DHCP and NTP also required. Some experience with VMWare vSphere, NetAPp, F5, Proofpoint, Solaris, Cisco IOS, Nagios, RT and configuration management preferred.

We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes subsidized health and dental insurance, tuition remission benefits and 41 paid days off each year. Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to: JRNetwork@ias.edu or by mail to: Institute for Advanced Study, Human Resources, Einstein Drive, Princeton, NJ 08540 or by fax to: 609-951-4468. EOE.

Thanks,
ep

--
Brian Epstein <ep@epiary.org>
Key fingerprint = F9C8 A715 933E 6A64 C220  482B 02CF B6C8 DB7F 41B4