Asheesh Laroia on 30 Sep 2010 08:12:38 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Automating actions from email

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, Amul Shah wrote:

At work I get daily emails which I need to act on. Is there a mechanism in any email client (I use alpine and thunderbird) that can recognize the email and invoke a shell script or another program?

"procmail" is a very good tool for this, as it's event-based.

Can you SSH into your mail server? If so, then procmail is likely to work well for you.

-- Asheesh.

--
Excellent time to become a missing person.