Carl Johnson on 1 Oct 2010 12:29:25 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Blocking A Program From Running

  • From: Carl Johnson <cjohnson19791979@gmail.com>
  • To: Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>, Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Blocking A Program From Running
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 15:29:30 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:x-user-agent:references :in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :subject:from:date:to:message-id; bh=BzyS/69IZovPFzQ25k+efpkKoLsg/rkUj4b0QxsOajk=; b=OEmdVl7ScrWOhXu6t28x7npBYATTAlCdapusMyW1lyeNxnmQTnCokASqD8o9F2yKIQ gfo/UG9VrGbhC3hSY0+QTnJVE8Nq0FuZtNjMFzYm5oWlq+LdaGt9X5ePaIfUEx/N/Gq6 zbTaEKIe8Gv3fwD1tpL/xkCyBdjqGfdhfoTrs=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Change the perms on the binary?

"holdenergy1" <holdenergy1@gmail.com> wrote:

>Good afternoon -
>
>What would I Google to figure out how to prevent a program from
>running in Ubuntu?
>
>The issue is I want to stop any instance of Blender from loading, and
>that would include new versions that got downloaded and just run from
>the desktop (as opposed to versions that were properly installed
>through Aptitude).
>
>I successfully blocked the apt installed version by changing it's
>permission but now someone has figured out how to download and run it
>from the desktop.
>
>What would you do?
>
>Thank you all for the great insights I have found on this list for
>several years now.
>
>-Andrew Holden

Sent from my Android powered wireless handheld device