Doug Stewart on 1 Oct 2010 12:30:23 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Blocking A Program From Running

  • From: Doug Stewart <zamoose@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] Blocking A Program From Running
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 15:29:57 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to :references:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=awlF5TWhXFLmR7MLIAKg2tGv/Yn63IrAoB506jxm4io=; b=aIagPZDLRQNnkxt5nepziL8hOz7nPoZC+PLCz6EFCBDSWeSgd82yEPtav7fiqiBe1O s/Pmp/WnJ6SjFhajLgHtRMofbBbDtN+0ys4rpcumL+BknAy+kzNkNxyCCUihbZezi19W 6KAghexqoLz2GrLLGZ0V2iimdiBQveGVGtQDc=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

Have you tried SELinux?

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SELinux

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM, holdenergy1 <holdenergy1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon -
>
> What would I Google to figure out how to prevent a program from
> running in Ubuntu?
>
> The issue is I want to stop any instance of Blender from loading, and
> that would include new versions that got downloaded and just run from
> the desktop (as opposed to versions that were properly installed
> through Aptitude).
>
> I successfully blocked the apt installed version by changing it's
> permission but now someone has figured out how to download and run it
> from the desktop.
>
> What would you do?
>
> Thank you all for the great insights I have found on this list for
> several years now.
>
> -Andrew Holden

-Doug