Austin Murphy on 8 Oct 2010 07:03:20 -0700

Re: [PLUG] OpenOffice & LibreOffice

  • From: Austin Murphy <austin.murphy@gmail.com>
  • To: "Philadelphia Linux User's Group Discussion List" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PLUG] OpenOffice & LibreOffice
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 10:03:14 -0400
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=TkMSgTX3g6nMAMgIJYHfMAY4XbaGCxwEU2eKs93FHko=; b=UOFXCiUtdegBhlKdZEn+FlqXiVvur44NGsLoQ8cMghWP+qlfyEnyvV3aawVVI1uXbe a38q589QHoMi0mJ9PVCZr2z9yQzWONFWKoKLBoGOOMWLTTnFySobwhRgrUHL2XvCt0QE SCFDIHEr/JvHeM5A1zlEZmdqMMFke/82/lG3U=
  • Sender: plug-bounces@lists.phillylinux.org

I think the Beta label comes from the process of integrating the
backlog of patches from GO-OO and elsewhere.

The internal sun/oracle OO.o team was not especially welcoming of
patches and a lot have piled up.  I imagine that once these get
integrated, the beta label will be dropped.

Austin