Claude M. Schrader on 22 Oct 2010 13:55:18 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Recent Linux file system benchmarks

Oracle, for example, can be pointed at a raw disk. It will then format the
disk and create the DB files on top of its own format. It's supposed to
be more efficient, since it removes one layer of caching I believe.
Claude