Gordon Dexter on 29 Oct 2010 22:49:09 -0700

Re: [PLUG] Issue and self-sign internal certificates

Yes, you would need to edit CA.pl, or CA.sh if you're more comfortable with bash than perl.  For either language it should be pretty trivial to modify it to interactively request a filename, or take one via a command line argument.  In 9.10 CA.pl and CA.sh are in /usr/lib/ssl/misc but although they were included with the distribution they're not really finished tools; they're more stub scripts that you can modify to your liking assuming you know bash or perl.

Of course you don't necessarily have to use a command line tool.  There's a PHP-based project that lets you set up a CA and sign requests here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-ca/ and although it's not quite a finished product either it's closer to a user-friendly GUI-based CA.  That's just the one I've used recently; there's another one I noticed called PHPKI and I assume there are other options as well.

--Gordon