Adam Zion on 15 Nov 2010 10:34:33 -0800

[PLUG] Ubuntu linux + a new mobile phone, cont'd

A few things:

1) The first thing I tried was BitPim, both under Windows (using the
drivers you specified) and under Linux, using the instructions
suggesting that I pretend it was a SCP-8400. No dice in either case.

2) lsusb yields an ID of 0482:025f Kyocera Corp. A search on
linux-usb.org yielded nothing.

3) I see no way to change the USB mode on the phone.

Ideally, I'd like to simply map this phone as a drive, + drag files to
it. But, then again, I wouldn't have come to PLUG if the problem had
been easy.

Am I simply SOL?

-Z

--
Adam+Zion, MCSE+I, Registered Linux User #471910