Adam Zion on 16 Nov 2010 12:19:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu linux + a new mobile phone, cont'd, cont'd

1) Rache, no dice on heading to Jose Pistola's tonight; family
responsibilities. Thanks for the offer, though.

2) Bluetooth was the first thing I tried; this phone can only handle
Bluetooth transfers of phone numbers + such, not ringtones, pictures,
et al.

3) This phone comes w/o an SD card.

4) I don't recall if I mentioned this before, but I've tried using a
3G uploader service like tempfiles.net, and while the file downloads
from there, the phone doesn't know how to handle it.

Long story short: I can't use homebrewed ringtones on this phone. I
may, horror of horrors, need to have a mobile phone which sounds like
a phone.

http://xkcd.com/479/

--
Adam+Zion, MCSE+I, Registered Linux User #471910