Floyd Johnson on 23 Nov 2010 03:32:11 -0800

[PLUG] Virtualization for small system?

Dear PLUGgers,

At times, web development requires testing in Internet Explorer 8, which WINE can't seem to run as of version 1.3.7. As such, I am considering running Windows in a VM on my lappy. It's a 1 GB, 2x1.6GHz machine running Ubuntu 10.10 (small, but Linux makes it mighty).

Which is the better virtualization gear for such a setup, VirtualBox or Xen? Or does something else make more sense?