K.S. Bhaskar on 20 Nov 2010 06:23:03 -0800

Re: [PLUG] USB devices not recognized, no power coming from the ports :(

If you have a working Bluetooth, another alternative to replacing the
wireless keyboard and mouse is to get a Bluetooth keyboard / mouse
combo.  I have a Logitech Mediaboard Pro 3, which works perfectly with
the Linux netbook that I use for my "home theater".  It works well
from the other side of the family room, much further than the range of
the regular Logitech keyboard and mouse that I also have attached to
the system and which has a range of 3-5 feet.

-- Bhaskar

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Amul Shah <amul@amulz.com> wrote:
> A few days ago the wireless USB mouse and keyboard on my MythTV box stopped working, so I rebooted the box. ÂSince then no USB device works or draws power. ÂOnly an optical mouse drew power, but it did not work.
>
> I can see the USB related drivers come online in the boot log. ÂBut lsusb reveals nothing connected, even though there are. ÂI'm using an old PS2 keyboard to work on the machine.
>
> I have an ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard and giggle came up with some posts claiming that the USB chipset would "die" resulting in dead USB ports. ÂAny thoughts on getting the OS to help me do some diagnosis? ÂOtherwise, I'm off to Microcenter to buy a USB PCI card.
>
> thanks,
> Amul

Windows does to computers what smoking does to humans