James Barrett on 23 Nov 2010 04:02:59 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Virtualization for small system?

Virtualbox will do exactly what you need it to do, and is very easy to
use.  Virtualbox makes setting up virtual machines quick and painless.
 Xen is also sufficient, but it would be very cumbersome for your
needs.

The only possible constraint I can see with your configuration is RAM.
 You might struggle if you appropriate less than 256MB to your XP
environment, which, after overhead, will take a huge chunk out of the
RAM left over for your Linux host environment.  1GB of RAM will work
fine, but it will be much faster if you had 2GB.

--
Jim Barrett
Absecon, NJ