Doug Stewart on 6 Dec 2010 13:31:45 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Net Neutrality

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Art Alexion <arthur@alexion.com> wrote:

> Until Verizon was able break through with their broadband product, Comcast
> enjoyed the subsidy of government (i.e. public) granted monopoly.  In terms of
> competitive advantage, that's a big a subsidy as one can get.  Subsidies
> aren't limited to the direct transfer of dollars for government (public)
> coffers.

I have no idea what you're talking about. What subsidies? What
monopolies? On cable service? On broadband? On ISP status? Citations,
or it didn't happen.

(I think you're misremembering just how cable companies evolved, both
in the Northeast and nationwide and are perhaps conflating telcos with
Comcast?)

--
-Doug
@zamoose