Ernest Natiello on 6 Dec 2010 13:52:40 -0800

Re: [PLUG] the current Net Neutrality fad

Sorry for my previous subject.  Oversight.

> The start of this conversation was in re: the current Net Neutrality
> fad and various factions to get the FCC to begin enforcing it. I'm
> saying the current proposals for Net Neutrality conflate many issues
> into a single, wave-able banner whose advocates blithely ignore the
> issues of freedom, private property and proper role of government
> raised by these flawed NetNeut proposals.

> --
> -Doug

We can "choose" to believe that the competition offered is adequate to offer a choice between net-neutrality and pay-by-site access.  I don't think it is.

Maybe we'll "choose" that the government will do the right thing, which, historically, is also on the less-likely side.

The box has been opened.  We will get screwed.  Our only "choice" is in the "how".

I personally would rather not get screwed out of my money, especially since it seems to be so fleeting these days, and I find myself depleted from defending what little I have.

Ern