Eric H. Johnson on 6 Dec 2010 17:42:16 -0800

Re: [PLUG] wikileaks

Steve,

According to the wikileaks site (http://www.wikileaks.ch/cablegate.html) and
as of this writing, only 913 of 251,287 cables have actually been posted to
Wikileaks. As I understand it, Wikileaks has already released all of the
cables to about 5 media outlets, which is why they have access to the
contents even though it is not posted to the Wikileaks site.

I further understand that Wikileaks is working with other media outlets to
redact particularly sensitive information such as specific references to
individuals.

Regards,
Eric

I am curious why none of the reporting on classified info from wikileaks
contains links to the source cables on wikileaks?  Why no citations?

How do we know these reporters are not simply exaggerating alleged U.S.
government behavior?  Trying to match any of the media reports with a
specific document from wikileaks is like trying to find a needle in a
haystack.