Edmond Rodriguez on 6 Dec 2010 20:04:41 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Move KDE Panel to the Side?

They took away the cpu throttle menu when clicking on the power icon.

I used to like to throttle my machine way down (no matter what was
running on it), if and when I wanted to leave it on idle for an
extended time.  This way the cpu fan did not run (or hardly) and I
*think* it's easier on the machine when not being used and the cpu is
not needed much.   Though I guess the hard drive still spins, which I
was hoping  to have a solution to at least keep it off most of the
time (but machine still up and running).

I know the machine still throttles depending on what is running, but I
miss the ability to force it to say 10 percent.  Probably there is a
way I am not aware of, as that icon throttle menu (of the past) prob
just sent a message to something, but I've not figured out what that
is yet.