Morgan Jones on 8 Dec 2010 07:45:22 -0800

Re: [PLUG] External drive casing for EIDE HD

Adam,

As far as I know EIDE is dead--everything I've seen in the last few years is SATA.. I'm hardly a PC expert.

Though if I bought a new PC and I had an operational 300gb drive from an old PC I'd just buy an IDE controller and put it in the new machine.  Does your machine have a PCI slot? (am I dating myself?)  If it does newegg has a few IDE controllers for not much money:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007607%20600022623&IsNodeId=1&name=IDE

Actually, here's one that visually seems to support IDE, though it's no where in the specs:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816124042

-morgan