Gary Coulbourne on 10 Dec 2010 10:00:08 -0800

Re: [PLUG] new to git - have questions

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Eric at Lucii.org <eric@lucii.org> wrote:
Two programmers are now going to work on it and I don't have a good idea of the
work flow.

This workflow has been recommended to me from various sources: http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/

 each programmer pulls the master and creates a local branch
                 modifies, adds, commits,
                 merges the new branch into their master
                 pushes the revised master  back to the main repository

Given the two choices you provided, this is more gitish to me.  Of course, before pushing back to the master repository, they'll need to pull to get any changes that might have happened during the intervening time.

There are also quite a few other blogs that have samples of the git workflows that have worked for them, and some tools that automate the process, such as "gitflow" that provides tools to automate the process from the linked blog: http://jeffkreeftmeijer.com/2010/why-arent-you-using-git-flow/

Peace,
Gary