Lee Marzke on 11 Dec 2010 06:38:15 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Cable modem & DHCP

Sometimes the MAC address of the Linksys needs to be spoofed by the replacement, or wait
a few hours,  or call Comcast and tell them you've replaced your router.

This was years ago, I don't know if they still track/authenticate and allow only one MAC
address today or not.

If you want even more security, VPN, TC, and you have a PC available , check out my talk on the
open-source Endian UTM:

http://plone.4aero.com/Members/lmarzke/plug_utm/index/presentation_view

Lee