Lionel Garth Jones on 13 Dec 2010 10:07:29 -0800

[PLUG] USENIX LEET '11 Call for Papers Now Available

The Program Committee for the 4th USENIX Workshop on Large-Scale
Exploits and Emergent Threats (LEET '11) invites you to submit your work.
Paper submissions are due Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 11:59 p.m. PST.
http://www.usenix.org/leet11/cfpa

Now in its fourth year, LEET continues to provide a unique forum for the
discussion of threats to the confidentiality of our data, the integrity
of digital transactions, and the dependability of the technologies we
increasingly rely on. We encourage submissions of papers that focus on
the malicious activities themselves (e.g., reconnaissance, exploitation,
privilege escalation, rootkit installation, attack), our responses as
defenders (e.g., prevention, detection, and mitigation), or the social,
political, and economic goals driving these malicious activities and the
legal and ethical codes guiding our defensive responses.

Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* Infection vectors for malware (worms, viruses, etc.)
* Botnets, command and control channels
* Spyware
* Operational experience
* Forensics
* Click fraud
* Measurement studies
* New threats and related challenges
* Boutique and targeted malware
* Phishing
* Spam
* Underground economy
* Miscreant counterintelligence
* Carding and identity theft
* Denial-of-service attacks
* Hardware vulnerabilities
* Legal issues
* The arms race (rootkits, anti-anti-virus, etc.)
* New platforms (cellular networks, wireless networks, mobile devices)
* Camouflage and detection
* Reverse engineering
* Vulnerability markets and zero-day economics
* Online money laundering
* Understanding the enemy
* Data collection challenges

Submission guidelines and more information can be found at
http://www.usenix.org/leet11/cfpa

LEET '11 will take place on March 29, 2011, in Boston, MA, and will be
co-located with NSDI '11: http://www.usenix.org/nsdi11

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

On behalf of the LEET '11 Program Committee,

Christopher Kruegel, University of California, Santa Barbara
LEET '11 Program Chair
leet11chair@usenix.org

LEET '11 Call for Papers
4th USENIX Workshop on Large-Scale Exploits and Emergent Threats
(LEET '11)
March 29, 2011, Boston, MA
http://www.usenix.org/leet11/cfpa
Submissions deadline: Tuesday, January 25, 2011, 11:59 p.m. PST