Lee Marzke on 13 Dec 2010 08:54:38 -0800

Re: [PLUG] 3-way data mirror?

If you don't track who made changes this seems like a disaster waiting
to happen, so I also think a central CM repository is the way to go, so that
everyone can see who and why the change was make.

This requires the discipline to check out files before they are written.

This would certainly work well with the smaller files, but for the large binaries one improvement ( with Perforce at least ) is that each local site could run a cache server that pulls changes across on a schedule, so that many of the binaries
could be synced locally prior to someone needing them.

Perforce isn't in the repos, but a single 'p4d' executable is all that is required on the colo side, and of course you can tunnel the traffic with ssh. Conceivably each site could be a single "user", so the free product may work for you as well.

See my time-unlimited demo on VMTN: ( 2 users, 5 workspaces free )
http://www.vmware.com/appliances/directory/222433

Lee