Gavin W. Burris on 13 Dec 2010 14:34:15 -0800

Re: [PLUG] 3-way data mirror?

I found some people have Dropbox working on CentOS 5 / RHEL 5.
http://blog.itsmine.co.uk/2008/09/14/dropbox-and-centos-5/
http://wiki.dropbox.com/TipsAndTricks/CnetOS-KDE-Install

With third-party services, you have to ask yourself if there are data
privacy issues, and how support will work.  What happens if something
goes wrong on the Dropbox servers?  Free accounts have size and transfer
limits.  What is the service level agreement on paid accounts?

SVN revision control would prevent labs from stepping on each other with
changes of the same file.  You can do svn through ssh.  I don't consider
a DVD image to be a big file, assuming you have enough memory.  And it
turns out Subversion does support binary diffs, with "binary delta
encoding":
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.4.html

Cheers,
--