Edmond Rodriguez on 12 Dec 2010 11:54:03 -0800

[PLUG] Linux gui for firewall including real time transactions

Given various conversations at Plug meetings and elsewhere, I did not
know a gui firewall tool like this existed.  That is something that
can work similar to a Windows real time firewall monitor?

Anyone know about this or is using it?

Firestarter is an Open Source visual firewall program. The software
aims to combine ease of use with powerful features, therefore serving
both Linux desktop users and system administrators.

We strongly believe that your job is to make the high level security
policy decisions and ours is to take care of the underlying details.
This is a departure from your typical Linux firewall, which has
traditionally required arcane implementation specific knowledge.

http://www.fs-security.com/docs/events-page.php