Casey Bralla on 6 Jan 2011 16:42:49 -0800

[PLUG] eMail Delivery/Domain Name Problem

I've got a weird eMail delivery problem that I cannot figure out.  Could
somebody please offer some asistance?

I have begun hosting a local political organization (www.ChescoLiberty.org) on
my web server.  I also host the domain name on my DNS server, and the eMail on
an eMail server.   Everything works... almost.

__SOME__ people (notably yahoo) cannot send eMail to anyone at this domain.
It times out with a "domain not known" error:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.

<Casey@ChescoLiberty.org>:
Sorry, I couldn't find any host by that name. (#4.1.2)

Oddly, I can send eMails to this same address from work.

I've done diagnostics on the setup and everything seems fine.  This the same
system I use from multiple other domains, and have never had a problem.

For reference, here is my bind9 file for this domain:

;
; DNS master file for ChescoLiberty.org
;

$ORIGIN ChescoLiberty.org.
$TTL 2h
@                       SOA             DNS1.NerdWorld.org.
Webmaster.ChescoLiberty.org. (
                                        2010121302      ; Serial Number
                                        2h              ; Refresh Time
                                        1h              ; Retry Time
                                        2d              ; Expire Time
                                        2h              ; Negative Cache Time
                                        )
@                       MX              10 Mail.NerdWorld.org.
@                       NS              DNS1.NerdWorld.org.
@                       NS              DNS2.NerdWorld.org.
@                       IN A            71.224.6.96

Mail                    IN A            71.224.6.96

DNS1                    IN A            71.224.6.96
DNS2                    IN A            71.224.6.96
DNS3                    IN A            71.224.6.96
DNS4                    IN A            71.224.6.96

www                     IN A            71.224.6.96
FTP                     IN A            71.224.6.96

ChescoLiberty.org.      IN TXT          "Chester County Liberty Alliance"

Anybody have any ideas why some people can see the domain and some can't?

--

Casey Bralla
Chief Nerd in Residence