Art Alexion on 13 Jan 2011 02:52:24 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) for Linux - interested?

On Jan 12, 2011, at 5:08 PM, Chris Nehren <c.nehren/plug@shadowcat.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:34:09 -0500
> Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>
>> Adobe is considering making Creative Suite, which includes Photoshop,
>> available for Linux, and they want to know if people are interested:
>>
>> http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/12/creative-suite-for-linux-an-update/
>> http://getsatisfaction.com/adobe/topics/produce_creative_suite_for_linux
>
> So they want to expend months, perhaps years, porting their flagship
> suite to a new platform, yet they can't even manage to keep the Flash
> player up to date across 32/64 bits? Call me skeptical.

When I first started using Linux, Corel was providing Draw for Linux (along with WP/Corel Office). It was really the Windows version running on a specially tuned wine. This may be the plan here as well.

At the time I had been using QuattroPro a lot in my business, but the solution was so unsatisfactory I settled on StarOffice instead.

Also, at the time, Corel Office for Linux was a bit cheaper than the Windows version, and Corel Draw for Linux was being given away. Wondering about Adobe's pricing plans. Without that sort of incentive, I don't see the people in my office who use CS switching from their beloved Macs.

--
Art Alexion