Art Alexion on 27 Jan 2011 20:53:27 -0800

Re: [PLUG] why apple

On Jan 26, 2011, at 5:54 PM, Ron Kaye Jr    <rekaye1005@verizon.net> wrote:

> i have used apples since i setup probably the 1st apple lab in delaware county at interboro high in the 80s
> yes i have used the latest mac
> its ok
> i have ubuntu 10, and xp (rock solid)

Playing with 10.6 server at work
It is not a serious server
Using as a desktop
Hands down better than XP (MS Outlook 2011 is almost as good as kmail or evolution. Except it does exchange better.)  Probably better than Win 7. Mac server can't touch win server 2008r2, but daughter wants a desktop, not a server.
Not as good as Kubuntu 10,10, but may not be the case for the technically un-savvy.
So...  In my house, with me providing support, we go with Ubuntu. For friends, who I don't wish to support, I recommend Mac over Windows.

--
Art Alexion