JP Vossen on 8 Feb 2011 23:18:30 -0800

[PLUG] OT: Windows Desktop (Outlook) Search?

I think I need to add a Desktop or at least Outlook (2003) search tool to my WinXP work VM again. I used Google DS before but wasn't thrilled and I found it a bit clunky. I probably stopped using that and uninstalled it 2+ years ago or so.

Has it improved or can anyone recommend something decent?

My main need is to index about 6G worth of Outlook 2003 PST and OST files in my WinXP VM. I don't actually care about documents that much, I don't keep important data on Windows and I can find stuff on the Linux server already.

I'd ask the PANTUG list but the mail list server is down until Drew virtualizes it or we move it into Google Groups or something.

Thanks,
JP