Walt Mankowski on 10 Feb 2011 13:00:19 -0800

Re: [PLUG] Speakers needed for all chapters!

On Tue, Feb 08, 2011 at 10:53:08PM -0600, Paul L. Snyder wrote:
> Well, the upcoming meeting schedule is looking a little thin.  We have
> topics scheduled for the next West and Central meetings, and that's it!
> (In fact, we could use some more lightning talks at the next Central
> meeting, as well.)
>
> So:
>
> Do you have a topic that you'd like to give a talk on at any or all of
> the PLUG chapters?  You don't have to be an expert...many Linux or FOSS-
> related topics are appropriate.  If you're nervous about speaking in
> public, we have had lots of first-time presenters.  PLUGgers make a
> friendly audience.
>
> Do you have a topic that you'd like to see presented at an upcoming
> meeting?  Toss it out, and see if that inspires someone else.  Personally,
> I'd like to hear someone talk about the practicalities of getting IPv6
> up and running at home.

I'd like to hear a talk on non-relational databases such as CouchDB or
MongoDB.  Laying out data in terms of rows and columns seems really
natural to me.  I'd love to have someone familiar with NoSQL concepts
tell me why I'm wrong.

I also second the call for an IPv6 talk.  It seems like something many
of us don't know enough about.

Walt